Any quotation, credit application, delivery docket or any hire schedule form part of these terms, whether signed by You or not (together with the terms, the Agreement). In return for us agreeing to consider your order you agree that these conditions apply if we do not accept your order or if we do not supply you with Goods. We are not obliged to accept any orders from you, but if you do place an order with us then it becomes binding from the moment that we accept it even if we do not tell you that it has been accepted. Any quotation is merely an invitation to you to place an order with us. If you offer to hire goods based on a quotation from us, then your offer is subject to these conditions. You should read and consider carefully these terms and conditions before taking delivery. For the purposes of this Agreement, ‘Goods’ shall mean any and all items of furniture and home styling pieces.
1. Hire Period and Key Hire Terms
- The period of hire of the Goods shall commence on the earlier of the date on which you take possession or on delivery of the Goods to the address nominated by you. The period of hire will continue fir the minimum period of hire specified (6 weeks). The later of the date on which Hampton & Harlow collects the Goods from Hirer. The Hire Period includes all Weekends and Public Holidays. It does not include the Christmas Holiday Period unless specified in your invoice. If a fixed period has been agreed, You may only change the Hire Period with our written consent.
- We agree to hire You the Goods on an exclusive basis in good working order, free from defects. We hire our Goods by specification and We guarantee that they are fit for the purpose for which goods of that kind are commonly supplied. You decide what specific purpose to use them for. Unless specifically stated in writing on the quotation, We take no responsibility and give no warranty, for the suitability of the use if the Goods and You agree that before taking possession of the Goods, that You have satisfied Yourself as to the suitability, condition and fitness for the purpose that You intend to Use them.
- Any extension to the Hire Period is subject to Hire Period is subject to Hampton & Harlow’s prior agreement and Hampton & Harlow is not liable if for any reason the Goods are not available for hire after the expiry of the Minimum Hire Period.
- Under no circumstances are our furniture removals to be used to move your personal items to and from locations within our hire time. We have been quoted a timeframe from the removals that has been added into your costs. We cannot go over this timeframe or you will be charged accordingly.
2. Hire Fees
- Hirer must pay the hire fees specified in Hampton & Harlow’s quote for the duration of the Hire Period and in accordance with this Agreement.
- In respect of the hire of Goods for residential purposes, the Hirer acknowledges that We hire Goods in blocks of 6 week periods. In the event that the Hirer returns the Goods within any block period, Hirer confirms and acknowledges that the Hirer is liable to pay all Hire Fees due up to and including the expiration of the last day of the 6 week period.
- Hirer must pay there Hire Fees for the Goods for the Minimum Hire Period notwithstanding earlier return of the Goods or part of the Goods.
- You may cancel any order at anytime prior to delivery or pick up of Goods, but if you do so we need two business days notice.
- Unless otherwise agreed, the Hire Fees are due two weeks in advance.
- The Hire Fees shall include all delivery, collection and styling of furniture and decor pieces.
3. Delivery and Return
- Upon delivery, collection or return of the Goods, Hirer must check the Goods and quantities delivered (or returned). If there are any discrepancies between the Goods delivered and the quoted order or return docket, the Hirer must note them at the time of delivery or collection by amending the relevant documents in the presence of a Hampton & Harlow representative.
- In the event that the Goods are to be collected by the Hirer from Hampton & Harlows premises or in the event that Hampton & Harlow is to collect Goods from the Hirers address, Hirer must provide Hampton & Harlow three (3) business days prior written notice by fax or email specifying the proposed date of collection, name of a representative of the Hirer (who must be present), name of the intended carrier, contact telephone number, and quantity and nature of Goods to be collected. Hampton & Harlow will confirm the date for collection with Hirer. goods may/will not be collected until a written confirmation is provided by Hampton & Harlow.
- Hampton & Harlow will endeavour to effect delivery and collection of the Goods at the times indicated by hirer but will not under any circumstances be liable for any delay in delivery or collection or for failure to deliver or collect. Hampton & Harlow reserves the right at any time to refuse any carrier of the Hirer.
4. Your obligations to Us
- Hirer Must
- keep the Goods in proper working order and condition;
- store the Goods safely and securely and protected from theft, seizure, loss or damage;
- not alter, tamper, damage or repair the Goods without our written consent;
- not remove any label, identifying mark or safety instruction from the Goods;
- not remove the Goods from the location described in the quotation;
- allow Us (or our nominated person) at anytime during the Hire Period, to enter the premises where the Goods are stored to inspect the Goods;
notify Us immediately if there is any loss or damage.
- If the goods are damaged (other than fair Wear and Tear) and capable of repair, Hirer must compensate Hampton & Harlow for the cost of repair. If the Goods are lost or damaged beyond repair, Hirer must pay Hampton & Harlow the new replacement cost of the Goods and any other costs incurred by Hampton & Harlow due to loss or damage of the Goods.
- Hirer must not sell, offer for sale, part with possession of, mortgage, assign, transfer, charge, encumber or otherwise deal with the Goods or these Terms in any way without Hampton & Harlow’s prior written consent.
- In the event that the Goods are lost or damaged in circumstances where a claim can be made upon insurance effected by Hampton & Harlow pursuant to these Terms then the Hirer must;
- Report the damage or loss to Hampton & Harlow and the Police (If appropriate) immediately upon the Hirer becoming aware of such loss or damage;
- Provide all necessary co-operation to Hampton & Harlow, the Police and the insurer in respect of any claim;
5. Sale of Goods
Subject to Hampton & Harlow’s prior written consent and agreement between Hirer and Hampton & Harlow as to the sale price, Hampton & Harlow may, at Hirer’s request, agree to sell the Goods to Hirer at the expiry of the Hire Period. The Goods are not in any other circumstances offered for sale. For the avoidance of doubt, Hire Fees are payable for the Goods up until payment has been received in full by Hampton & Harlow.
6. Termination and Access for Repossession
- Without affecting any other rights Hampton & Harlow may have, Hampton & Harlow may terminate these Terms at any time without liability to Hirer if Hirer (i) breaches these terms. (ii) fails to pay any amount when due, or (iii) becomes bankrupt, insolvent, or is placed in liquidation, administration or receivership, and in any such case Hampton & Harlow may repossess the Goods.
- Without adversely affecting Hampton & Harlow’s other rights and remedies, upon termination of these Terms for any reason and/or upon expiry of the Hire Period (i) Hirer must provide Hampton & Harlow with all reasonable assistance in locating and collecting the Goods; and (iii) Hirer acknowledges and agrees that Hampton & Harlow or its employees or agents shall be entitled to enter Hirer’s premises where hired Goods are, or Hampton & Harlow reasonably believes the Goods are, in order to re-take the possession of Goods. Hirer indemnifies Hampton & Harlow against any liability, damage, loss, cost, charge, or expense arising directly or indirectly out of Hampton & Harlow exercising this right of entry.
- If the Goods are not returned to Hampton & Harlow in the condition they were provided to the Hirer (subject to reasonable wear and tear) at the expiry of the Hire Period, or within seven (7) days of Hampton & Harlow making written demand, Hirer must pay Hampton & Harlow the new replacement cost of the Goods and any other costs incurred by Hampton & Harlow due to the loss of the Goods.